Although the festive season is over, the message of keeping your alcohol away from your pets is one that we need to adhere to throughout the year.
Pets and alcohol don’t mix, no matter how “funny” it may sound to see your dog intoxicated.
Although most animals aren’t too tempted by alcohol itself, they may be lured by eggnog, brandy soaked puddings or cream liqueurs.
Without you even realising it, your pets could get alcohol poisoning and for domesticated animals like cats and dogs, alcohol is toxic.
Poisoning can cause depression of the central nervous system which can lead to respiratory failure and death. If your pet has somehow made it into your stash, look out for signs of drowsiness and loss of consciousness.