If you’ve noticed your drinking getting out of control, you may want to consider refraining, at least for a little while. If you do, here are some of the changes in your body that you can expect to see:
- Mental Effects – According to Dr. Duy Nguyen, a psychiatrist at Beachway Therapy in Florida, by refraining from alcohol, you can remove yourself from the mental crutch of an altered personality impacted by alcohol.
2. Improved Sleep- While alcohol is a sedative, it actually interrupts REM sleep – the state of sleep needed to replenish energy.
3. Sharpened Mind – In addition to the physical improvements in the body, your cognitive ability will also improve. Cravings for sugar and high-carb foods will also slow down.
4. Physical Improvements – Microbiotas that promote healthy body functions will begin to replenish in the body. Imbalances in the gastrointestinal tract will also subside so any physical ailments like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, bloating, diarrhea and constipation will also wane.
5. Increased Energy – Doctors say you’ll feel more energized and as your body will digest food better, you won’t experienced the type of bloating and weight gain associated with heavy drinking. Doctors also say alcohol can irritate the intestines and cause a build-up of enzymes leading to pancreatitis.
6. Avoid Serious Physical Conditions – Excessive alcohol inflames the liver and as this occurs, it tears and scar tissue forms. This is known as cirrhosis – a serious physical condition that prevents the liver from detoxing the body. This has an effect on the entire body. By giving up alcohol or drinking less often, you can avoid this condition and a host of others.
7. Improved Digestion – After a while of not drinking you’ll notice you start to digest foods better. You may even notice a reduction in your weight because of the reduction in calories from alcoholic drinks. You can expect less flatulence, bloating and diarrhea due to a reduction in alcoholic beverages.
8. Skin will Improve – Your skin will clear up and appear healthier. Your blood pressure will also stabilize. Your risk of certain types of cancers will also be less including stomach, liver and throat cancer.
Read more about it at: http://coveteur.com/2019/02/12/mental-physical-effects-not-drinking-alcohol/